Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter and St. Thomas

I arrived in St. Thomas two days ago. The first night I got in late and stayed in a hotel next to the airport. I arrived at the boat on Tuesday morning and started work immediately. The crew is super nice!! That night we went to dinner together. For the rest of the crew it was an end of season dinner, but to me it was "welcome on board." It was nice to have cocktails and dinner and get to know them the first night and get all the awkwardness of being the newbie out of the way. The next several days was just work work work until the weekend.

I'm in the laundry room, so it's my responsibility to do the laundry.....of course. I also clean the crew mess after each meal....that about sums up my day!!


Motor Yacht Jamaica Bay - my home until May 21.....



View of St. Thomas from the boat.




View of St. Thomas from the boat



The weekend before leaving for St. Thomas I took a trip home. I left New Orleans on Thursday afternoon to head to Natchez. Thursday night I met up with Tate at Bowie's then we met up with David and Devin Gammill at the vue. We had a few drinks then called it a night.


On Friday, I ran some errands. That night Tate came out to the house to eat steaks with us at the lake. Then he and I went back into town for a few drinks.


On Saturday, dad had a crawfish boil for us. Tate and I rode out to where his boat is docked and rode over to dad and christine's house. I went for a swim - my first lake swim of the season. After crawfish that evening, we rode over to the Stubbs' house and played Bacce Ball.

Yummie - the crawfish!!


Dad, doing his thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment