Friday, April 15, 2011

Surviving in NOLA

So, living in New Orleans has been everything I hoped it would be! There's so much going on all over the city any day of the week. Since we've last spoken, I've been to Wednesday at the Square twice - each times were great. I find myself running into old friends from college that I haven't spoken to in ages. Ben and I also went to a Rebirth concert at Maple Leaf, and he experienced his first Jacques Imos meal - and loved it!! People have been coming to visit every weekend - you can't keep people out of this city!! Last weekend was French Quarter fest and JP and Ryan Brashier came to visit and Eric was in town and a friend from New York I met Mardi Gras weekend - all in town the same weekend.....too much goodness to go around......if that's possible! :)

Ok, so I've touched up on how fun the city is, not let's talk work. I didn't have any luck finding a job. I don't have any connections here in the oil industry, so it makes finding work a bit harder - which honestly is kind of a relief! I don't want to work in oil and gas. So, I've made the decision to go back to school for my masters in OT. I've got classes scheduled at UNO for the summer to get started on my prerequisites for the masters program. I also think that I'm going to start working in Covington at Stacy's rehab clinic under the OT there - which would be an awesome gig for a year or so. I was also trying to get a job at Jacques Imos, but one last boat gig came up for the month of May, so I'll start hard core selling myself to Jacques (the owner) when I get back from my boat trip.

So, let's the discuss the boat trip..... I got a month job on a boat that's docked in St. Thomas. It's a 200' boat, and I'm only going to be doing laundry - which is fine for a month. The boat is doing the Atlantic crossing, so I'm going to see the Med!!! YESSSSSS!!! Even though I won't be spending the whole summer there at least I will be able to say I saw it. We will stop in Gibralter, Spain, and that's where I'll get off the boat and fly back to NOLA!! Then I'll spend Memorial Day here and Lizzie will be in town!! Yay!! Then school starts the following week! I'm so glad I've got something to fill my time until school starts!! :) The pictures below are from French Quarter festival weekend!

Eric and I - he's my favorite!! ;)
Some of Meaghan's friend (Meaghan is the one in white, blue, and black). She's the girl I met the weekend of Mardi Gras who lives in New York - she is a New Orleans lover!!


Stacy and I at French Quarter Festival!


JP and I at French Quarter Festival!!

No comments:

Post a Comment