Monday, April 18, 2011

Picture update!

Below are some pictures from random occasions here in New Orleans. They are in no particular order - in fact the first picture should be further down after the ones of me on Tate's back. This is a picture of one of the many battle wounds Tate and I got after he fell down with me on his back...on Bourbon street..... The pictures of of how this battle wound came to be are below somewhere! ;)
Wednesday at the Square - Lafayette square


Tate trying to get on my back.....obviously an unsuccessful venture.


Me on magazine after the first Wednesday at the square...


Karen and I at Lafitte's


Meaghan sandwich - Razoos


me and Karen at Goldmine.




Me on Tate's back right before he falls and hits his head on the concrete......this is where the battle wounds came from - but not to worry, we still made our way to the goldmine later that night

Wednesday at the Square.


Razoos

Wednesday at the Square.


Meaghan and I at Razoo's.


So, I went sailing yesterday for the first time!! It was awesome!! I should be getting pictures from that adventure later this afternoon. I will post them as soon as possible.


This weekend was pretty fun!! On Friday night, I stayed in and watched The Color Purple - an amazing film!! I cried like a baby!! On Saturday, I woke up, worked out, then drove to Covington. My friend Stacy works as a speech therapist at a neurological rehabilitation center in covington, and she has successfully scored me a student position under the OT there. I have a meeting with the OT tomorrow. I'm super excited about that!! Saturday afternoon Tate and his friend Brent came into town - they were there with a bunch of other kayaking Natchezians to work as kayak life guards in lake pontchatrain for the Iron Man triathalon that was on Sunday morning. That evening we went to Bourbon and drank.....of course.


On Sunday, the guys got a phone call saying the swimming part of the triathalon was canceled due to high winds - which i think was a relief since they had to be there super early. So, we went to have breakfast with Tate's parents and some friends of theirs and then went sailing! Sailing was fantastic. We each got our turn at sailing the boat.....it was really exhilarating. I loved it!! Yesterday evening we went to meet up with Tate's parents and their friends at Lucys, then went to have pizza on the balcony of their apartment! It was an amazing weekend.


Today, I'm not too busy - going to run to Wal-mart I think and go for a jog a bit later.....not too much on my agenda. I'll post the sailing pics when I get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment